To check availability and to make a booking to dine with us please click here or call us on 01433 621562
We cannot guarantee to be able to seat guests who have not made a prior reservation. When making reservations we will endeavour to give you the time you require, however due to the need to space tables to respect physical distancing rules, our capacity is reduced and reservations may need to be staggered. Please note that in order to ensure the effectiveness of the NHS Test and Trace service, we sjall have to take contact details for at least one person in any group of up to six maximum guests (in the unlikely event that these are not already recorded at time of reserving yout table/room).
There will be restrictions in place to reduce the amount of people using the public areas of the hotel, restaurant and bar and we shall implement additional measures and practices designed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff. They are as follows:
- All customers must enter the building through the rear hotel entrance and exit using the main doors at the front. You are required by law to wear a face covering on entering the building and to continue to do so until seated at your table or safely ensconced in your room.
- Before entering the building please use the hand sanitising gel outside the entrance. There will be additional sanitiser gel dispensers in the restaurant and hotel stairway.
- When entering the bar and restaurant please follow the sign to reception on the left. The door on the right will be used for customers wishing to use the toilets from the dining room.
- In line with government instructions, we are obliged to take contact details for persons entering the premises in order to facilitate the NHS Test and Trace system. In the event that we do not already have these from your advanced booking you will be able to do this simply and easily via your smart phone.
- Internal doors in the public areas will be left open to minimise the need for customers and staff to touch door handles and/or push plates.
- All staff have been trained in and will follow best practice hygiene rules to include, for example frequent sanitising of surfaces, handles, etc. and regular hand washing. All customer facing staff will be wearing face coverings or visors.
- Once inside the bar area, guests should wait to be greeted by a staff member. If you have a reservation in the restaurant you will be taken to your table, in the restaurant or if requested and the weather allows, directed to outside seating on the front or rear terraces. We may need to take details of all members of your party to meet NHS Test and Trace needs (see above, clarification awaited from the governemnt).
- The maximum permisable number of guests per table is six, both inside and in the outside seating areas.
- You may just have a drink. No reservation will be required, however you will be required to give contact details and to sit at a table, either inside (unless already reserved or taken by diners) or outside on the terraces.
- If you have a room reservation, we will take a few details from you and then accompanied to your room. Your room will have been thoroughly cleaned before hand with extensive use of sanitiser to treat surfaces and handles in the bedroom and en-suite bathroom
- Hotel guests will notice some changes compared with pre-covid arrangements. We have removed 'non-essential' items from the bedrooms, e.g. magazines, welcome pack (this will be emailed to guests upoin arrival) and bed decor, such as bedspreads and cushions that cannot be cleaned before each new guest arrival. The hospitality trays in rooms will remain with all items fresh from the dishwasher or santised and consumables, such as tea bags will be provided on request. In the ensuites, toiletries will be provided in ziplok bags. On departure guests will be requested to place room keys in a box at reception, in readiness for sanitising prior to re-use.
- In the restaurant and outside seating areas all tables will be spaced such that diners at adjacent tables will be at least one metre apart and, where possible up to two metres. This measure will reduce the capacity of the restaurant to a maximum of around 25 diners.
- Drinking at the bar is prohibited as is ordering and paying for drinksnd. As required by law we offer table service only.
- The core wine list will be reduced to around 20, most of which will also be available by the glass. The wine list, with tasting notes will available as a laminated double sided sheet and sterilised between and after use.
- The restaurant food offer will consist of a choice of set price 3 course menu or 5 or 7 course tasting menus. These will be available in a laminated format and sterilised before and after use. The same menu must be chosen by the whole table with exception of dietary requirements. There will be a full vegetarian option available for each menu.
- The restaurant and bar will close at 10:00pm ias required by law. This means that last food order sare n ow 8:30pm for those choosing from our three course menu and 7;30 for those diners opting for either our five or seven course tasting menus.
- If you wish to use the toilets whilst in the bar or restaurant, please follow the signs to allow one direction traffic and reduce contact with other parties. Hotel guests will be advised to use their own en-suite facilities during their stay.
- Cutlery, glasses and condiments will be brought to the table as and when required. Salt and pepper mills and other containers, e.g. mustard pots will be sanitised between uses.
- Payments will be by card only and, for diners and drinkers, taken at your table.
We ask that you comply with the above and advice given by staff to help us provide a safe environment in which you may relax and enjoy your time with us. We have your best interests at heart and our distancing and hygiene measures are fully compliant with government advice. They will be monitored and updated in the light of experience and any changes in government advice and directives.
We look forward to serving you.