To check availability and to make a booking to dine with us please click here or call us on 01433 621562
We cannot guarantee to be able to seat guests who have not made a prior reservation. When making reservations we will endeavour to give you the time you require, however due to the need to space tables to respect physical distancing rules, our capacity is reduced and reservations may need to be staggered. Please note that in order to ensure the effectiveness of the NHS Test and Trace service, we may need to take contact details for all guests as the government has not yet clarified whether, for instance it is sufficient for us to record details of just one member of a group..
There will be restrictions in place to reduce the amount of people using the public areas of the hotel, restaurant and bar and we shall implement additional measures and practices designed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff. They are as follows:
- All customers must enter the building through the rear hotel entrance and exit using the main doors at the front.
- Before entering the building please use the hand sanitising gel outside the entrance. There will be additional sanitiser gel dispensers in the restaurant and hotel stairway.
- When entering the bar and restaurant please follow the sign to reception on the left. The door on the right will be used for customers wishing to use the toilets from the dining room.
- In line with government instructions, we are obliged to take contact details for everyone entering the premises in order to facilitate the NHS Test and Trace system. You will be able to do this simply and easily via your smart phone.
- Internal doors in the public areas will be left open to minimise the need for customers and staff to touch door handles and/or push plates.
- All staff have been trained in and will follow best practice hygiene rules to include, for example frequent sanitising of surfaces, handles, etc. and regular hand washing.
- Once inside the bar area, guests should wait to be greeted by a staff member. If you have a reservation in the restaurant you will be taken to your table, in the restaurant or if requested and the weather allows, directed to outside seating on the front or rear terraces. We may need to take details of all members of your party to meet NHS Test and Trace needs (see above, clarification awaited from the governemnt).
- The maximum permisable number of guests per table is six. Diners on individual tables must be from no more than two households (including support bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), irrespective of numbers, or groups of at most six people from any number of households.
- You may just have a drink. No reservation will be required, however you will be required to give contact details and to sit at a table, either inside (unless already reserved or taken by diners) or outside on the terraces.
- If you have a room reservation, we will take a few details from you and then accompanied to your room. Your room will have been thoroughly cleaned before hand with extensive use of sanitiser to treat surfaces and handles in the bedroom and en-suite bathroom
- Hotel guests will notice some changes compared with pre-covid arrangements. We have removed 'non-essential' items from the bedrooms, e.g. magazines, welcome pack (this will be emailed to guests upoin arrival) and bed decor, such as bedspreads and cushions that cannot be cleaned before each new guest arrival. The hospitality trays in rooms will remain with all items fresh from the dishwasher or santised and consumables, such as tea bags will be provided on request. In the ensuites, toiletries will be provided in ziplok bags. On departure guests will be requested to place room keys in a box at reception, in readiness for sanitising prior to re-use.
- In the restaurant and outside seating areas all tables will be spaced such that diners at adjacent tables will be at least one metre apart and, where possible up to two metres. This measure will reduce the capacity of the restaurant to a maximum of around 25 diners.
- Drinking at the bar will be prohibited and we please ask you to keep your distance from other guests when ordering drinks at the bar.
- The core wine list will be reduced to around 20, most of which will also be available by the glass. The wine list, with tasting notes will available as a laminated double sided sheet and sterilised between and after use.
- The restaurant food offer will consist of a choice of set price 3 course menu or 5 or 7 course tasting menus. These will be available in a laminated format and sterilised before and after use. For the foreseeable future, the same menu must be chosen by the whole table with exception of dietary requirements. There will be a full vegetarian option available for each menu.
- If you wish to use the toilets whilst in the bar or restaurant, please follow the signs to allow one direction traffic and reduce contact with other parties. Hotel guests will be advised to use their own en-suite facilities during their stay.
- Cutlery, glasses and condiments will be brought to the table as and when required. Salt and pepper mills and other containers, e.g. mustard pots will be sanitised between uses.
- Payments will be by card only and, for diners taken at your table.
We ask that you comply with the above and advice given by staff to help us provide a safe environment in which you may relax and enjoy your time with us. We have your best interests at heart and our distancing and hygiene measures are fully compliant with government advice. They will be monitored and updated in the light of experience and any changes in government advice and directives.
We look forward to serving you.